|How We Live.... What We Believe
| The Christian Magna Carta
We affirm the Christian Magna Carta which describes the following basic rights as implicit in the gospel
Everyone on earth has the right to:
~ Hear and understand the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
~ Have a Bible available in his/her own language.
~ Have a Christian fellowship available nearby, to be able to meet for fellowship regularly each week, and to have Biblical teaching and worship with others in the body of Christ.
~ Have a christian education available for their children.
~ Have the basic necessities of life: food, water, clothing, shelter and health care.
~ Lead a productive life of fulfillment spiritually, mentally, socially, emotionally and physically.
We commit ourselves, by God's grace, to fulfill this covenant and to live for His glory.
Committed to by YWAM international leadership 1981
The Jubilee Covenant
Event: Celebrating 50 Years of YWAM 2010
Signed and committed by YWAMers around the world
I recognize that as YWAM celebrates fifty years of ministry, God's Spirit is at work in amazing ways around the world.
I eagerly want to do my part to make sure that the "flame goes forward" and thus help fulfill God's dream that every individual might hear and that all nations may be impacted by the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I consider it a great privilege to be alive and called "for such a time as this" - and therefore, by God's grace, I commit myself:
1. To love the Lord my God with all my heart, soul, mind and strength, and to love my neighbor as myself (Mark 12: 30-31)
2. To seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness above every concern for my own life and future (Matthew 6:25 - 34)
3. To serve others for no greater reason than my love for God (John 21: 15-17)
4. To take up my cross and follow Jesus wherever He leads me (Mark 8: 34-35)
5. To do everything I can possibly do through the power of the Holy Spirit at work in me to fulfill the Great Commission in this generation (Mark 16: 15)
I covenant before God -- together with brothers and sisters -- to make these my priorities until "the earth is filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea" (Habbakuk 2:14).